- English (United States)
Hello! My name is Me. Welcome to Me’s free Japanese lesson.
Here, I’m going to talk about the [sa-row]「さ行」 of Japanese language.
The [sa-row]「さ行」has 5 sounds,「さ」,「し」,「す」,「せ」and「そ」.
｢さ｣ is pronounced [sa]. It is a combination of the consonant [s] and the vowel [あ/a].
[さ/sa] is used for:
- さんすう/算数/sa･n･su･u ＝arithmetic
- さす/刺す/sa･su ＝stick/stab
- さか/坂/sa･ka ＝slope/hill/downhill/uphill
- さとう/砂糖/sa･to･o ＝sugar
- さしみ/刺身/sa･shi･mi ＝sliced raw fish
｢し｣ is pronounced [shi(si)]. It is a combination of the consonant [s] and the vowel [い/i].
[し/shi(si)] is used for:
- しんごう/信号/shi･ri ＝signal/traffic light
- しずむ/沈む/shi･zu･mu ＝sink
- しわ/皺/shi･wa ＝wrinkle
- しまうま/縞馬/shi･ma･u･ma ＝zebra
- しり/尻/shi･ri ＝buttock
｢す｣ is pronounced [su]. It is a combination of the consonant [s] and the vowel [う/u].
[す/su] is used for:
- すし/寿司/su･shi ＝sushi
- すずめ/雀/su･zu･me ＝sparrow
- すすむ/進む/su･su･mu ＝go forward/advance/move
- すむ/住む/su･mu ＝live in …
- すき/好き/su･ki ＝like/favorite
｢せ｣ is pronounced [se]. It is a combination of the consonant [s] and the vowel [え/e].
せ/se] is used for:
- せんとう/銭湯/se･n･to･o ＝public bath/spa
- せっけん/石鹸/se･kke･n ＝soap
- せ/背/se ＝back/height
- せなか/背中/se･na･ka ＝one’s back
- せき/席/se･ki ＝seat/chair/table/desk/one’s place/fine/ good
｢そ｣ is pronounced [so]. It is a combination of the consonant [s] and the vowel [お/o].
[そ/so] is used for:
- そうじき/掃除機/so･ji･ki ＝vacuum cleaner
- そうだん/相談/so･o･da･n ＝to talk with somebody over something/consultation
- そば/側/so･ba ＝nearby
- そう/so･o ＝yes/so
- それ/so･re ＝it/that
Platform: These videos are made in a game, Minecraft.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your message to me! Let’s have fun to learn Japanese together.