- English (United States)
Hello! My name is Me. Welcome to Me’s free Japanese lesson.
Here, I’m going to talk about the [ta-row]「た行」 of Japanese language.
The [ta-row]「た行」has 5 sounds,「た」,「ち」,「つ」,「て」and「と」.
｢た｣ is pronounced [ta]. It is a combination of the consonant [t] and the vowel [あ/a].
[た/ta] is used for:
- たつ/立つ/ta･tsu ＝stand (up)
- たたく/叩く/ta･ta･ku ＝knock/hit/beat/tap/pat/clap/slap
- ただいま/ta･da･i･ma ＝I’m home!(greeting)
- たいこ/太鼓/ta･i･ko ＝Japanese drums
- ただしい/正しい/ta･da･shi･i ＝right/correct/proper/true
｢ち｣ is pronounced [ti]. It is a combination of the consonant [t] and the vowel [い/i].
[ち/ti] is used for:
- ちかい/近い/chi･ka･i ＝near/close
- ち/血/chi ＝blood
- ちいき/地域/chi･i･ki ＝area/destrict/community/region
- ちいさい/小さい/chi･i･sa･i ＝small/little
- ちえん/遅延/chi･e･n ＝delay
｢つ｣ is pronounced [tu]. It is a combination of the consonant [t] and the vowel [う/u].
[つ/tu] is used for:
- つえ/杖/tsu･e ＝cane/walking stick
- ついか/追加/tsu･i･ka ＝addition/supplement
- ついたち/一日/tsu･i･ta･chi ＝the first day of each month
- ついていく/ついて行く/tsu･i･te･i･ku ＝follow
- ついとつ/追突/tu･i･to･tsu ＝a rear end collision/ to bump into the rear
｢て｣ is pronounced [te]. It is a combination of the consonant [t] and the vowel [え/e].
[て/te] is used for:
- て/手/te ＝hand/arm
- てんとう/店頭/te･n･to･o ＝store
- てんいん/店員/te･n･i･n ＝salesperson/clerk
- てつ/鉄/te･tsu ＝iron/steel
- てがみ/手紙/te･ga･mi ＝mail/letter
｢と｣ is pronounced [to]. It is a combination of the consonant [t] and the vowel [お/o].
[と/to] is used for:
- とぶ/飛ぶ/to･bu ＝fly
- とぶ/跳ぶ/to･bu ＝hop/jump
- とまる/止まる/to･ma･ru ＝stop
- とうがらし/唐辛子/to･o･ga･ra･shi ＝red pepper
- とり/鳥/to･ri ＝bird
Platform: These videos are made in a game, Minecraft.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your message to me! Let’s have fun to learn Japanese together.