- English (United States)
Hello! My name is Me. Welcome to Me’s free Japanese lesson.
Here, I’m going to talk about the [na-row]「な行」 of Japanese language.
The [na-row]「な行」has 5 sounds,「な」,「に」,「ぬ」,「ね」and「の」.
｢な｣ is pronounced [na]. It is a combination of the consonant [n] and the vowel [あ/a].
[な/na] is used for:
- なに/何/na･ni ＝what
- なか/中/na･ka ＝inside
- なまえ/名前/na･ma･e ＝name
- ない/無い/na･i ＝nothing/there is no…
- ないか/内科/na･i･ka ＝internal medicine
｢に｣ is pronounced [ni]. It is a combination of the consonant [n] and the vowel [い/i].
[に/ni] is used for:
- に/二/ni ＝two
- にもつ/荷物/ni･mo･tsu ＝baggage/luggage/package
- にあう/似合う/ni･a･u ＝look good on someone/match
- におう/匂う・臭う/ni･o･u ＝smell/stink
- にく/肉/ni･ku ＝meat
｢ぬ｣ is pronounced [nu]. It is a combination of the consonant [n] and the vowel [う/u].
[ぬ/nu] is used for:
- ぬう/縫う/nu･u ＝sew/stitch/suture
- ぬぐ/脱ぐ/nu･gu ＝take off clothes/undress
- ぬすむ/盗む/nu･su･mu ＝steal/rob
- ぬいぐるみ/nu･i･gu･ru･mi ＝stuffed toy(animal)
- ぬる/塗る/nu･ru ＝paint/apply/rub/spread
｢ね｣ is pronounced [ne]. It is a combination of the consonant [n] and the vowel [え/e].
[ね/ne] is used for:
- ねこ/猫/ne･ko ＝cat
- ねあげ/値上げ/ne･a･ge ＝rise in price
- ねいろ/音色/ne･i･ro ＝tone/sound
- ねがい/願い/ne･ga･i ＝wish/desire/prayer/request
- ねだん/値段/ne･da･n ＝price/cost/value
｢の｣ is pronounced [no]. It is a combination of the consonant [n] and the vowel [お/o].
[の/no] is used for:
- のはら/野原/no･ha･ra ＝field with flowers or lawn
- のう/脳/no･o ＝brain
- のり/海苔/no･ri ＝dried seaweed/laver
- のり/糊/no･ri ＝glue/paste/starch
- のせる/乗せる/no･se･ru ＝give a ride/give a lift/pick up in car/carry
Platform: These videos are made in a game, Minecraft.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your message to me! Let’s have fun to learn Japanese together.