- English (United States)
Hello! My name is Me. Welcome to Me’s free Japanese lesson.
Here, I’m going to talk about the [ha-row]「は行」 of Japanese language.
The [ha-row]「は行」has 5 sounds,「は」,「ひ」,「ふ」,「へ」and「ほ」.
｢は｣ is pronounced [ha]. It is a combination of the consonant [h] and the vowel [あ/a].
[は/na] is used for:
- は/歯/ha ＝tooth(teeth)
- はなす/話す/ha･na･su ＝talk/speak/ tell
- はなす/離す/ha･na･su ＝let something or someone go/separate
- はじく/弾く/ha･zi･ku ＝pluck/pick/flip/repel
- はしゃぐ/燥ぐ/ha･sha･gu ＝romp/frolic
｢ひ｣ is pronounced [hi]. It is a combination of the consonant [h] and the vowel [い/i].
[ひ/hi] is used for:
- ひ/火/hi ＝fire/flame/blaze
- ひなん/避難/hi･na･n ＝shelter/evacuation
- ひなた/日向/hi･na･ta ＝the sun/the sunshine
- ひろい/広い/hi･ro･i ＝wide/large/big
- ひとり/一人/hi･to･ri ＝one person
｢ふ｣ is pronounced [hu]. It is a combination of the consonant [h] and the vowel [う/u].
[ふ/hu] is used for:
- ふとん/布団/hu･to･n ＝futon/conforter/bedclotes
- ふろ/風呂/hu･ro ＝bath/bathtub
- ふさぐ/塞ぐ/hu･sa･gu ＝close/cover/block/occupy
- ふじさん(ふじやま)/富士山/fu･ji･sa･n(fu･ji･ya･ma) ＝Mount Fuji
- ふた/蓋/hu･ta ＝lid/cap
｢へ｣ is pronounced [he]. It is a combination of the consonant [h] and the vowel [え/e].
[へ/he] is used for:
- へいわ/平和/he･i･wa ＝piece
- へいぜん/平然/he･i･ze･n ＝fine/calm
- へいき/平気/he･i･ki ＝fine/calm
- へいじつ/平日/he･i･zi･tsu ＝weekdays
- へ/屁/he ＝fart/gas
↑Ooops! Excuse me.
｢ほ｣ is pronounced [ho]. It is a combination of the consonant [h] and the vowel [お/o].
[ほ/ho] is used for:
- ほし/星/ho･shi ＝star
- ほす/干す/ho･su ＝dry/hang something to dry
- ほうりつ/法律/ho･o･ri･tsu ＝law
- ほうこう/方向/ho･o･ko･o ＝direction
- ほったらかす/ho･tta･ra･ka･su ＝leave something or someone/ leave something or somebody alone / neglect
Platform: These videos are made in a game, Minecraft.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your message to me! Let’s have fun to learn Japanese together.