- English (United States)
Hello! My name is Me. Welcome to Me’s free Japanese lesson.
Here, I’m going to talk about the [ya-row]「や行」 of Japanese language.
The [ya-row]「や行」has 3 sounds,「や」,「ゆ」and「よ」.
｢や｣ is pronounced [ya]. It is a combination of the consonant [y] and the vowel [あ/a].
[や/ya] is used for:
- やさい/野菜/ya･sa･i ＝vagetable
- やたい/屋台/ya･ta･i ＝vender/stand for food
- やま/山/ya･ma ＝mountain
- やきもち/焼き餅/ya･ki･mo･chi ＝jealousy
- やく/焼く/ya･ku ＝burn/grill/broil/toast/bake/roast/barbecue/cook
｢ゆ｣ is pronounced [yu]. It is a combination of the consonant [y] and the vowel [う/u].
[ゆ/yu] is used for:
- ゆうえんち/遊園地/yu･u･e･n･chi ＝amusement park
- ゆとり/yu･to･ri ＝leisure/space/room
- ゆうがた/夕方/yu･u･ga･ta ＝dusk/early evening
- ゆうぐ/遊具/yu･u･gu ＝playground equipment
- ゆうこう/有効/yu･u･ko･o ＝valid/effective
｢よ｣ is pronounced [yo]. It is a combination of the consonant [y] and the vowel [お/o].
[よ/yo] is used for:
- よる/夜/yo･ru ＝night
- よく/良く/yo･ku ＝often/fully/carefully/well
- よいしょ/yo･i･sho ＝Umph!/ Heave-ho! (a phrase that you say or shout when you are making a big effort to pull or lift somthing)
- よろしくお願いします/宜しくお願いします/yo･ro･si･ku･o･ne･ga･i･shi･ma･su ＝a greeting for giving your regards/Nice to meet you.
- ようじ/用事/yo･o･zi ＝something to do/business
Platform: These videos are made in a game, Minecraft.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your message to me! Let’s have fun to learn Japanese together.