- English (United States)
Hello! My name is Me. Welcome to Me’s free Japanese lesson.
Here, I’m going to talk about the [ra-row]「ら行」 of Japanese language.
The [ra-row]「ら行」has 5 sounds,「ら」,「り」,「る」,「れ」and「ろ」.
｢ら｣ is pronounced between [ra] and [la]. It is a combination of the consonant [r/l] and the vowel [あ/a].
[ら/ra] is used for:
- らいしゅう/来週/ra･i･shu･u ＝next week
- らいほう/来訪/ra･i･ho･o ＝visiting
- らくさつ/落札/ra･ku･sa･tsu ＝making a successful bid
- らく/楽/ra･ku ＝easy/comfortable/relax
- らくがき/落書き/ra･ku･ga･ki ＝graffiti/scribble
｢り｣ is pronounced between [ri] and [li]. It is a combination of the consonant [r/l] and the vowel [い/i].
[り/ri] is used for:
- りんご/林檎/ri･n･go ＝apple
- りえき/利益/ri･e･ki ＝profit/gain/margin
- りそう/理想/ri･so･o ＝ideal
- りかい/理解/ri･ka ＝understanding
- りか/理科/ri･ka ＝science
｢る｣ is pronounced between [ru] and [lu]. It is a combination of the consonant [r/l] and the vowel [う/u].
[る/ru] is used for:
- るすばん/留守番/ru･su･ba･n ＝staying and waiting for one’s family at home
- るつぼ/坩堝/ru･tsu･bo ＝melting pot
- るいせん/涙腺/ru･i･se･n ＝lachrymal gland
- るいじ/類似/ru･i･zi ＝similarity
- るいおんご/類音語/ru･i･o･n･go ＝similar sounding words
｢れ｣ is pronounced between [re] and [le]. It is a combination of the consonant [r/l] and the vowel [え/e].
[れ/re] is used for:
- れいぞうこ/冷蔵庫/re･e･zo･o･ko ＝refrigerater
- れいとうこ/冷凍庫/re･e･to･o･ko ＝freezer
- れい/例/re･e ＝example
- れいぎ/礼儀/re･e･gi ＝manners/etiquette
- れい/零/re･e ＝zero
｢ろ｣ is pronounced between [ro] and [lo]. It is a combination of the consonant [r/l] and the vowel [お/o].
[ろ/ro] is used for:
- ろうか/廊下/ro･o･ka ＝hallway/corridor
- ろうじん/老人/ro･o･zi･n ＝elderly person
- ろく/六/ro･ku ＝six
- ろうどう/労働/ro･o･do･o ＝work/labor
- ろうひ/浪費/ro･o･hi ＝waste
Platform: These videos are made in a game, Minecraft.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave your message to me! Let’s have fun to learn Japanese together.