- English (United States)
Today I’m going to talk about how to return New York Public Library books/DVDs/CDs and pay overdue fines and fees online.
You can return borrowing materials at any New York Public Library branch’s counter or any outdoor/indoor drop box (except the Schomburg Center).
Library fines and fees depend on material type and target age group of the material. See the list below.
|Material Type||For Adults/
|For Children||For Seniors (age 65+)/
Persons with Disabilities
※ A minimum fine amount of $1.01 is required to use online payment.
Source：New York Public Library (https://www.nypl.org/help/borrowing-materials/library-fines-and-fees)
How to pay in:
- Online through New York Public Library website
- Personal check (at any New York Public Library branch or by mail)
- U.S. Postal money order (at any New York Public Library branch or by mail)
Here, I’m going to talk about only how to pay fines and fees online.
In my experience, the reason why I chose online was that I wanted to use a credit card to pay it. Also, you need to use online payment if a minimum fine amount of $1.01 is.
1) Visit New York Public Library official website and log in with your name and PIN. (New York Public Library website is here)
2) Type your “Barcode or Username” and “PIN” to log in. Barcode is the numbers that you can find on your library card below the barcode.
3) After logging in successfully, click Fines/Fees on the left middle.
You can choose either credit card or Paypal as a payment method.
New York Public Library [Library Fines and Fees] (https://www.nypl.org/help/borrowing-materials/library-fines-and-fees)